To work through the Agency for as many or few duties as you are able to honour, paid at the current rate for each duty undertaken. To provide care, support and assistance to all clients recognising their individuality and independence.
- To ensure that care is delivered in a manner that demonstrates respect for the privacy, dignity and rights of clients/patients at all times.
- To assist patients to remain as independent as possible and to help them to exercise as much choice in their daily lives as they are able.
- To assist clients/patients with all aspects of their personal, social and psychological care as appropriate.
- To always act in a manner that ensures the safety of clients/patients.
- To bring to the attention of qualified/senior staff and the Agency any information, incident or occurrence that may affect the care to be received by the patient/client.
- To work as part of the team, maintaining clear/accurate records, good working relationships with colleagues, clients, peers and relatives.
- To report any significant changes in the clients/patients behaviour/condition
8. To maintain confidentiality at all times.
9. To participate in regular supervisory sessions and complete a yearly appraisal.
10. To adhere to the Agencies Policies and Procedures (see staff handbook and the policy & procedures folder at the Agency offices).
Health & Safety
- To be familiar with the apparatus and procedures in each unit/home you are placed for a duty.
- To inform the Manager/Client/Agency of any malfunction of equipment, faults, hazards or any inadequacy, which may lead to the detriment of you or your clients/patients own Welfare and Safety.
- To keep up-to-date with the mandatory training requirements of the Care Standards Act by attending free courses (i.e. moving & handling and health & safety yearly, food hygiene, adult abuse and infection control training every 2 years and first aid training every 3 years).
- Physically fit to perform the duties and responsibilities of the post
- Driver with own transport.
- Willingness to undertake induction and mandatory training as required
- Good reading, writing and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of the nature of the job
- Able to demonstrate an interest in the job role
- Willingness to attend training as necessary
- Demonstrate a kind, caring, friendly and warm personality to staff and clients/patients
- Demonstrate an interest in working in the care environment
- Reliability and punctuality
- Able to work on own initiative and work within a team, accepting of decisions
- Able and willing to follow verbal and written instructions
- An understanding of equal opportunities, dignity, respect, individuality and promoting independence
- Completion of secondary education
- Care Certificate Induction completed
- Mandatory training up-to-date
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Care
- Willingness to undertake a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Previous experience in a caring field
- Understanding of the contribution of other primary care staff