Costing and Funding

Self or Privately Funded

Many of our clients will be self funding and will not be eligible for any state funding towards the cost of care. If you do not have the resources there are other avenues to explore which may provide some financial support. If you are considering using financial services products such as a property equity release scheme, we strongly urge you to seek advice from a qualified Independent Financial Advisor.

Attendance Allowance

There is a higher and lower rate which is tax free and NOT means tested. This is benefit for people aged 65 and over who need help with their personal care. Visit the government website using this link to download a claim form or alternatively ring the Benefit Enquiry Line on 0800 882200.

Social Services Funding

There are a number of different benefits depending on your exact situation. If you have limited income/assets and need care or support at home, you can apply to your county council for a free of charge care needs/financial assessment. If you are eligible, social services may provide full or part funding through direct payments, or via a personal budget. For more information please contact either Surrey Adult Social Care Team on 0300 200 1005 or visit their website using this link or Hampshire Adult Services on 0845 603 5630 or visit their website using this link

Carers Allowance

This is a benefit to help people who look after someone who is disabled, even if they are not related or living with the disabled person. To apply on line please use this link

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs if you have a long term disability or ill-health.  This is available if you are over 16 and under State pension age.  When State Pension Age is reached you would switch to Attendance Allowance. The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself

You may also find the following website useful.


Get A Free Callback

8 + 10 =