Who we can help.
Astor Agency and Nursing Agency provides services to any adult requiring care or support for independent living in their own home, subject to appropriate funding.
We always remember that the whole family may require support when a loved one is suffering.
Our care assistants can provide respite for those who normally care for you, maybe your spouse, so that they too can continue to participate in the activities they enjoy.
We are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to provide support for the following categories of people.
- The elderly – including frail and vulnerable people
- People with mental health conditions (including dementia / Alzheimers)
- People with physical disabilities, sensory loss and or impairment
People with long-term illness or disease
- People with terminal illness
- People requiring end of life (palliative) care
- People recovering from illness
- Post discharge care
- People with a learning disability
- Younger adults requiring support
Astor Care & Nursing Agency’s thorough experience of caring for people at home often involves a more specialised approach. Through internal and external training, we develop our staff so that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to assist with more specialised care provision.
Our Specialist Homecare Team typically work in cooperation with a wider range of health and social care professionals such as Doctors, District Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Social Workers.
The areas we can assist with include:
- Palliative Care (End of Life Care)
- Catheter care
- Neurological Disorders
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders (such as Autism)
- Assistance with Physiotherapy regimes
- Stoma care
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Acquired Spinal Injury
- Mental Health issues
- Assistance with PEG feed
We have produced this Client Guide to help you understand our services, and feel safe in the knowledge that we care about you. Our services are tailor made to meet your specific needs, and we will do our very best to ensure that you are personally satisfied.
Our staff are chosen for their qualities and skills in the job they do and receive update training to ensure they are always competent.